Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Canon 7D & My Soap Box

Yes. It's here. The camera of my dreams. True 1080p 23.966 recording with switchable frame rates for PAL and even 30p. Oh did I mention 720p at 60fps, full manual controls, and a number of other goodies.

I couldn't sleep last night I was so excited. I couldn't nap after work because the excitement continued. Honestly, my vision is blurry right now and I have the 7D to blame.

So now that this wet dream of a camera has been released, the question begs: what now? Well, film is what now. But then again, film has always been "what now". People are saying that film makers no longer have an excuse, but I would argue that we've never had an excuse.

Therefore, here's my plight to RED owner all the way down to the humble HV20 owner: you have a tool, go film something. I exhort thee, if you think you need to finish that next device before you can make your movie/documentary/commercial/music video/whatever; you don't. You have all you need.

That's all for now. Happy 7D day!

No comments:

Post a Comment